End The Fat HCG Support Forums

A place to Encourage and Inspire Each Other
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:45 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Makeups & Lotions
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:20 pm 

Makeup......oh how I love it!!! I have used a brand called Larenim for a couple of years now. It's a mineral makeup that is oil free (except for the compact foundation). They have great colors and last for a really long time. A bit spendy, but like I said, they really last. You can get it at the Boise CoOp or online at larenim.com Larenims website does not charge shipping & handling if you spend $25 or more. There are other minerals on the market, but I've found that most of them contain talc, which is really drying. I just use regular waterproof mascara & eye pencils, or liquid eyeliner as well.

I'm also a dry little person and had a bit of a hard time adjusting to the no lotion rule. I use the mineral oil (embarrassingly sold in the laxative section, baby oil is too thin) or corn huskers lotion for body. For my face I use Alba Aloe & Green Tea oil free moisturizer. You can get it at Target. I've found for lips the generic Blistex in the tub is good. I'm a lip balm junkie. Vaseline is also okay for both lips & super dry skin. Vaseline has a new line of gel moisturizers on the market. The aloe one smells nice & feels good on a hot day, but doesn't moisturize for very long. I do like it when it's hot though.