End The Fat HCG Support Forums

A place to Encourage and Inspire Each Other
It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:28 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Baked Apple Crisp
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:16 am 

Baked Apple Crisp - by Metga at LCF

Apple- allowed amount ( I purposely used a big one , 220g, to boost calories)
1/2 lemon juice (I used .5 oz)
A few shakes of Cinnamon
2t equivalent of sweetener ( I used Diabetisweet)

Peel, core, and slice/chop the apple ( Thin slices marinate better) I cored it, cut it in half vertically then laid it flat on the cut side and slice down from the top to get pretty half moon apple slices. You could probably grate it. Combine with the rest of the ingredients. Now if you just let it sit for an hour you'll have a scrumptious Cinnamon Apple treat. No need to bake! But if you want to waste some time, continue . . .

Topping:
1 grissini, 1/4t pumpkin pie spice, 1/4 t nutmeg, 1/2t cinnamon ( I added another 1/2t diabetisweet) 1T Milk ( I skipped this)
Grind the Grissini to powder, Combine dry ingredients, add Milk 1/4t at a time till you get a crumbly texture ( I used 1t of liquid from the apples left over after transfering them to the cups. I also used two grissini as I was making two seperate servings and needed extra calories, but I think one is actually enough for a small apple) Sprinkle the topping on the apple and bake covered at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Uncover and Broil for 60 - 90 seconds to "crisp" the topping. Let cool and serve.

This was a nice warm treat. I'll use more liquid as my topping was kinda dusty. But I won't bother to make this again. I'm not a fan of apple filling, I a soaked-crust kinda girl, and no crust means less appeal. though I loved the apples after they marinated so I'll be making the first half of this recipe, sans cooking, alot for sweet fixes.